The interior paintings and frescos have not survived, so the restoration will be carried out in an academic style. . .
On the eve of Easter in Saransk, the government of Mordovia turned over the Church of the Three Holy Hierarchs to the Russian Orthodox Church. In March of this year, Metropolitan Zinovy of Saransk and Mordovia approached the head of the Republic, Artem Zdunov, with the initiative to return the building to the Church.
The church was built in 1761 in Moskovskaya Street in a district of artisans, arable soldiers, and working people, and quickly became the religious center in the quarter.
Until 1935, the church was used in a proper way. In 1935, the Three Holy Hierarchs Church was closed down, and the main dome and bell tower were dismantled. Then, for more than seventy years, the building housed the Mordovian Republican United Museum of Local History.
In March 2022, Metropolitan Zinovy of Saransk and Mordovia addressed the Head of Mordovia with the initiative to return the building to the Church. Artem Zdunov supported the proposal and instructed the profile committee to carry out the procedure established by law in such cases as soon as possible.
The church building was granted the status of an architectural monument of federal importance. The reconstruction plan of the church was drawn up several years ago. The interior paintings and frescos have not survived, so the restoration will be carried out in an academic style.
Take action! Resist the assault from the rainbow mafia:Russian Faith Website Attacked by Pro-LGBT Megacorporation - Help Us Fight Back! Who works for Russian Faith? Click to see our photos:Meet the Team - Russian Faith Now in Seven Languages!